Friday, August 24, 2012

Josie Lyn

 April 6, 1930



The depression has gotten even worse than before. My best friend Emma is down at a hobo jungle  and the crummy ol' bank took her house away. I think that is depressing, because  she is my only friend. I am going to change this depression. They'll put my name  on the paper. Printed on beautiful white clean paper with black shiny ink all in capitols: JOSIE LYN A GIRL OF LIBERTY.  AGE 13. It would be wonderful to be on the paper with my photograph on it.






April 10, 1930



My father said that the depression will get better. But so far it has gotten worse and worse. I went to the publish office and Mr. Rodger said  he might put me in publish! That means that all I can do is hope and wish to be in  the paper and if I  do make it I can make hundreds of dollars and help Emma and her older brother Josh. I want to help any one I can. Mother thinks I have a good imagination. I keep telling her, "It's not imagination, mother, it's hope."    

No comments:

Post a Comment